Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tosche Station Inventory

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Carrie Fisher Dies: Mark Hamill 'Devastated,' Plus More Reactions

Andy Swift
Tue, Dec 27


In the wake of Carrie Fisher’s death on Tuesday, the iconic actress is being remembered by those who loved and worked with her.

Four days prior to her death, Fisher suffered a heart attack during a flight from London to Los Angeles.

Mark Hamill, who famously co-starred opposite Fisher in the Star Wars films, initially had “no words” to express his grief, but later described her passing as “downright heartbreaking”:
    "It’s never easy to lose such a vital, irreplaceable member of the family, but this is downright heartbreaking. Carrie was one-of-a-kind who belonged to us all- whether she liked it or not. She was OUR Princess, damn it, & the actress who played her blurred into one gorgeous, fiercely independent & ferociously funny, take-charge woman who took our collective breath away. Determined & tough, but with a vulnerability that made you root for her & want her to succeed & be happy. She played such a crucial role in my professional & personal life, & both would have been far emptier without her. I am grateful for the laughter, the wisdom, the kindness & even the bratty, self-indulgent crap my beloved space-twin gave me through the years. Thanks Carrie." I love you, mh

Fisher’s other main Star Wars co-star, Harrison Ford, released the following statement:
    "Carrie was one-of-a-kind…brilliant, original. Funny and emotionally fearless. She lived her life, bravely…My thoughts are with her daughter Billie, her Mother Debbie, her brother Todd, and her many friends. We will all miss her."

Star Wars creator George Lucas, meanwhile, noted that, “Carrie and I have been friends most of our adult lives,” before adding, “She was extremely smart; a talented actress, writer and comedienne with a very colorful personality that everyone loved. In Star Wars, she was our great and powerful princess — feisty, wise and full of hope in a role that was more difficult than most people might think. My heart and prayers are with Billie, Debbie, and all Carrie’s family, friends and fans. She will be missed by all.”

Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams posted a handwritten tribute to Fisher on Twitter, calling her “just as brilliant and beautiful, tough and wonderful, incisive and funny as you could imagine.”

Fisher’s The Force Awakens co-star Daisy Ridley said in a statement, "Devastated at this monumental loss. How lucky we all are to have known her, and how awful that we have to say goodbye."

Anthony Daniels said, "I thought I had got what I wanted under the tree. I didn't. In spite of so many thoughts and prayers from so many. I am very, very sad."

Peter Mayhew said, "There are no words for this loss. Carrie was the brightest light in every room she entered. I will miss her dearly."

Billy Dee Williams said, "I'm deeply saddened at the news of Carrie's passing. She was a dear friend, whom I greatly respected and admired. The force is dark today!"




No comments:

Post a Comment